Saturday, June 9, 2007

Rocket Reentry

Thank goodness he finally made his first start - if I had to live through another day of "Rocket Relaunch" or "Rocket Reentry" headlines, I quite possibly might have become a Tampa Bay Devil Ray fan (what other team can have their shortstop pitch more effectively than their actual pitchers?)

The start itself was about as expected. While fond of sweets, Bobby "El Comedulce" Abreu is decidedly less fond of catching fly balls that go anywhere near the right field wall, but at least he is hitting now. Amazingly, Beam Me Up Socttie Proctor didn't pitch in the game, despite the fact Clemens went only 6 innings and Rivera was unavailable due to pitching more than one inning each of the last two days. (Speaking of Proctor, perhaps "Bean Me Up" is a more appropriate nickname? Next time I run into Youkilis, I will be sure to ask him.)

The female horse won the Belmont Stakes [insert A-ROD joke here]. If I knew anything about horse racing, I would make some further comments, but since I don't, I won't (unlike someone else we know). We might as well go all the way and plug the tennis match tomorrow - apparently the result might determine who the best player of all time is (hint: it's not Guy Forget. I bet all of you tend to forget that guy.)

Mao can handle the Mets if he ever decides to return to this blog.


No comments: